Monday, October 15, 2007

October so far

Well, in addition to the weather finally cooling off, so have referrals (baby matches with families) this month from our agency. So far there have not been any that I know of. Last month our agency received ten referrals which is really good. There are a lot of holidays in Korea in October so apparently they don't get much done. When I went back and looked at the archived newsletters from our agency they didn't get many referrals last October either. However, November is usually a big month for them to start rolling in again. Fingers crossed...

I just got done doing some more immigration paperwork which totally stresses me out. We had to fill out a petition to adopt an orphan with the US Immigration and Naturalization Service when we started the process for China. The paperwork is country specific so we now have to go back and get the paperwork changed to say South Korea. I will drop that off at our agency tomorrow morning for them to mail along with our updated home study. I will hold my breath that that goes through smoothly. I thought that once Dave had his green card that we'd be done with Immigration! Ha Ha

Right now we are listed as the number six family on our agency's "unofficial" list on the bulletin board for waiting families. Families can subscribe to the online board to chat and list themselves as waiting along with their approval date. We have reason to believe from our social worker that there are probably three to four times that number actually in line in front of us (since not everyone that is waiting chooses to join the online board to chat). Either way, we are certainly getting there faster than we ever thought we would. With another big month like September we may have a referral in a few months!!! We got excited and bought Jack big boy furniture for his room so that the crib will be ready for the baby early next year...just in case :)

1 comment:

Anne said...

Just so you know somebody is reading this: the MacDougalls in Scotland are :) Keeping our fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly for you and the wait won't be too long! All the best,
Anne, Andy and girls
x