I hope this update finds everyone off to a good start on their resolutions for the new year! Dave and I have joined a Biggest Loser weight loss contest with some friends. It should be a good laugh. We'll keep you posted if we become the biggest losers!
The month of December seemed to fly by again. We were so busy with holiday stuff that we actually kept our minds off the adoption more than normal. We really tried to just sit back and enjoy our time with each other and Jack. This will likely be the last 'only child' Christmas for Jack (hopefully). We had a really good time. Jack LOVED all things Christmas. He was very into Santa coming, singing carols, making cookies, and having friends and family around a lot. While we had a nice time, Dave and I were ready to get back on track with a schedule this week as Jack was becoming out of sorts from all the holiday stimulation.
Our agency usually updates their blog every week, but with the holidays and likely vacation time being taken, they haven't updated with any referral info since November 30th. We were ok with this while we were super busy last month, but now we (mostly Emily) are back to obsessing and wondering what is going on number-wise. We know there were several special needs referrals that come in during December, and it is unlikely for the agency to get that many special needs files and no non special needs referrals. Therefore, we are hopeful that there were at least a few matches last month that will help us move on up that list!
I'll sign off for now and hope that I have a reason to update you with more news soon! I would like to send out a congrats to our friends the McCarty's on their referral of a beautiful little girl from Ethiopia that they were matched with last week!
Wednesday, January 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment