So far for the month of March we know that there have been four referrals matched ahead of us in line, so we should be around #6 now we think. Hopefully the agency blog will be updated next week to say if there were any other March referrals. We really thought we would have our referral by now, but we should know by now that we can't really plan for anything during the adoption process. Had we stayed in line for China we would still be facing four more years from now possibly. We know we were fortunate to get a spot in the Korea program at the time we did, so we are just trying to be patient. You'd think with all the practice with being patient that we've had that I (Emily) would be getting better at it by now, but sadly, I'm really not. Dave, as you all would guess, is handling it much more easily than I. Jack is pretty impatient too. He talks frequently of his new sibling. We went to welcome some friends home from the airport when they arrived back from adopting their daughter in Ethiopia. As we got ready to leave Jack started crying saying that we couldn't leave yet because we didn't have our baby off the airplane. Needless to say, I got a bit weepy too. Happily, he was easily distracted only moments later as most three year olds are!
Happy Spring!!! (maybe if I type it the weather will eventually warm up here)
Saturday, March 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey there! Dave told me about your blog and I'm so glad he did. I feel so out of touch with the family and the blog will be a way to stay in the loop.
Your story about Jack, the airplane and the baby (or lack of baby) was cute, even if it was a little sad. Hang in there ... your day is coming soon!
Post a Comment