Thursday, May 1, 2008

Listening for the phone to ring...

I (Emily) have been chatting with another woman adopting through our agency who I met on our agency's online forum. She lives in Michigan and is adopting her second Korean child. Her first child's name is Jack and he was born the same week as our Jack. She and her husband decided to go to Korea to pick up their daughter this time. They were there last week. She has been amazing about asking questions about the slow down for us and emailing me the info from Korea. She emailed this morning to say that she spoke to the director who does the matching for our agency and she told her she was sending "many" referrals to our agency this week. She wouldn't be specific on how many that actually will be, but either way it is movement and we should either hear our phone ring soon, or we will be at the top of the list if all the remaining families in front of us get matched. Finally, some action!

My next concern...and I'm trying not to let myself go there yet is that they don't always match in order of the waiting list. Which means that we could pass families in front of us, or families behind us could get matched before us. So, we'll just wait some more and see what happens.

When we get the call I'll post it here, but you'll likely hear screams of relief coming from our house long before you check our blog!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily,

We are crossing our fingers and praying UU-type prayers for you! I'll keep checking in to see all the latest developments.

Hang in there! I hope we'll be celebrating a referral when we all get together for an adult dinner soon!

Anne said...

I bet we'll hear your screams of joy here in Scotland :))) Seriously though, it is sounding hopeful, and we're keeping our fingers crossed here, too, that the phone will ring with good news in the very near future!