Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Confirmation from Social Worker

I broke down and called our social worker to pry more info out of her today since the agency has been really bad at updating their blog with program info in the last several months. I told her that I suspected that we must either be in the top ten by now or nearing the top ten families waiting, and I wanted to know if she could confirm one or the other for us. She won't tell us the exact spot we are in line, but she did confirm we are in the top ten finally!

She was quick to remind me that they don't always match families in order of approval dates since some families are open to different special needs, ages, family history, etc. We were pretty open to what we would accept for the most part, so I don't think that we'll be passed over for being too picky. However, I have seen people skipped over that claim they were very open. The matching process is a bit of a mystery really. Someone in the agency office in Korea does the matching so our US agency doesn't have any say.

So we are back to waiting impatiently. For perspective our agency got 11 referrals in November and then none in December, a few in January, and a few in February. So, we have no idea when the phone will ring. Could be this month...could be months from now. I thought the last few weeks of my pregnancy with Jack were grueling! This sort of feels the same way with no known end in site. Ugh...

Now Jack has decided that having a little brother might be nice. He is now concerned that a little girl won't want to play toys with him. Jack also moved one step closer to being a big boy this week. He got rid of his pacifiers (dummies for our UK friends). We made it a big celebration so he was proud of himself. We went and bought balloons and tied his pacis to the balloons He then released them. Once they were gone we went out for spaghetti at his favorite restaurant, Fazolis. He then picked out a Thomas train he has had his eye on for awhile now. We are happy to report that there have been no problems sleeping without the paci! Our grand plan worked :)

We really need spring to get here now! We had a little taste of it on Sunday. We spent time outside and I think all three of us were in better moods because of the warmth and sun.

2 comments:

David W said...

You are almost there! Things must be
moving a little we just got the call we were excepted into the program! God's full of irony these days! :)

Cheers,
Sue

Anne said...

Hope it won't be much longer now! I do feel for you, the thought of a pregnancy with no end in sight kinda brings it all home...
Well done to Jack for giving up his dummies - you DID come up with a good plan :) We could do with spring here, too, at the moment it's all wind and rain again. Typical Scotland :) Take care,
Anne